Thursday 28 May 2009

Introducing our new featured fan the beautiful Mademoiselle Robot x

Introducing our new featured fan the beautiful Mademoiselle Robot . .she has the looks of a retro movie star, check out her glam blog and revel in the beauty tips


NAME:
Laëtitia Wajnapel
AGE: 30
LOCATION: London
OCCUPATION: Online Fashion Editor
BLOG: www.mademoisellerobot.com
MYSPACE: I don't really use Myspace anymore, but I still have a page www.myspace.com/mademoisellerobot
LOOKBOOK NU PROFILE:
http://lookbook.nu/mademoisellerobot (I don't use this a lot either, sorry!)

Q – Hi Laetitia how are you today?

A-
Hello! I am pretty good thank you. Still on a high after a great day!

Q – What inspired you to become a blogger ?
A- I am not sure actually... I have worked as a journalist for many years in France, and I have been writing "forever". I am also an internet monster so the blog ties everything together nicely. I suppose in a way my direct inspiration has been my little girl. I had her in September 2007 and started the blog in November. At first, it was just a way to keep my brain working in between baby related activities, but it quickly became more organised and evolved many times since.

Q – Do you ever struggle to think of what to write about ?
A-
Not at all! I have a whole universe in my head and a bunch of theories about everything (often pretty useless stuff, it has to be said) just waiting to come out. It makes life easier when you blog.

Q – Where did the name Mademoiselle Robot come from?
A- I used to DJ when I lived in Paris, and had to choose a dj name. I have always been into robots, so I went for Mademoiselle Robot. So when I decided to start a blog, it came naturally that I should use this. It has been my screen name on many sites for years, so it made sense.

Q - Give us the first line from your favourite book and title / author.
A- Let me just go grab it, I warn you, it is in French though so open Google Translations."Cher Nelson Algren,

Je vais essayer d'écrire en anglais. Donc excusez ma grammaire, et si je n'emploie pas les mots dans leur vrai sens, comprenez quand même. En plus j'ai une mauvaise écriture, et j'écris dans un train en marche."

From Lettres à Nelson Algren - Un amour transatlantique 1947-1964 by Simone de Beauvoir

I have read this book so many times, I urge everyone to read it. It is the most beautiful collection of love letters, and the most inspiring book.

"Dear Nelson Algren,

I'll try to write in English. So excuse my grammar, and if I do not use words in their true sense, understand anyway. In addition I have a bad writing and I write on a train in motion"
Letters to Nelson Algren - A Transatlantic Love 1947-1964 by Simone de Beauvoir


Q – If money was no object which designer would you commission to make you a frock and what would it look like?
A- It would probably be a tie between Luella and Marc Jacobs. Although at the moment, I think I am more in a Luella mood, so I will go for her. I would ask for a simple dress with a lot of interesting details. Girly but not too cute. Short. Fitted top and poofy skirt. In a really soft floaty fabric. Maybe floral? Hmmmm.

Q-What is your favourite cocktail, and how many can your drink!?
A- I like a good Apple Martini, but would only drink one. I am not a very big drinker. If I go out and decide to drink, I only ever drink vodka lime and soda. Of this I can drink maybe 7 or 8. But I always stop before I am too drunk, I don't like being drunk, I like being in control of what I do.

Q- What is your nickname?
A- I never used to have a nickname, and then when I moved to London, my friends started calling me "Tish" as "Laëtitia" doesn't seem to roll on the English tongue. Or so I noticed.

Q- Where is your favourite boutique, and what is it called?

A- I have several. The first one isn't really a boutique, it is a store called Liberty's in London. It is a beautiful Tudor style building in between Carnaby street and Regent Street that has all the luxury items you could wish for, and more... Their clothes selection is always the best. I can't really afford anything in there most of the time, but it is a good place to go to soak up the atmosphere and get some inspiration.

I also like Miss Lala's boudoir in Covent Garden for cute lingerie and Sara Berman dresses.

Q- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

A- I have been thinking about this a lot lately because it is a very real question for me. I was born and grew up in Paris and fell in love with London as a kid. I kept going to London, every year or so when I was a teenager, and carried on doing so for a while. Then one day I decided to move there, just to try. I think dreams are here to come true. So I wanted to make my dream of London come true. And it did! I am lucky enough to live in Bloomsbury in a lovely flat with my little family....

But now I am obsessing over Los Angeles, as after London, it is the only city I truly fell in love with. That was in 2004. I need to go back to see if I still feel the same. I think I would like to live there because it is so different from anything I know. It is so big, but at the same time it is by the sea. It is so trashy and at the same time really inspiring. And it would fulfill my life long craving for americana...

Q- Who is your style icon and why?

A- Even though I had for a while a "Style Icon" feature on my blog, I don't really have a style icon. THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG PEOPLE! There are a few people I admire for their style, but mostly people I know: I love the way my grandmother Florence used to dress as she managed to always look glamourous while staying herself. I like the way my friend Federica dresses because her clothes really make her personality shine through. Mainly, I respect people who dress for themselves and to be themselves. I think that's the most important thing.

Q – Give us a fashion tip . . .

A- I am just going to repeat myself, but my only fashion tip is to find your own unique style to match your own unique personality.

Q – If you've had a bad day which song will make you smile again?

A- I walk a little faster by Blossom Dearie, or O Pato by Joao Gilberto.




Q – Send us a picture from your day –

A- Today I saw my best friend and sat in her garden for a bit, but I also reconnected with an old friend (while also sitting in his garden). Cupcakes were eaten, tea was drunk, bubbles were blown and a Snoopy was almost lost. All that with my daughter / sidekick!

Stolen Thunder - too cute!! Looks like the perfect day!

Q – What would you like to ask Stolen Thunder?

A- I would like to know your top 5 hottest boys. Thanks.

A - Stolen Thunder - Off course our ultra sexy boyfs the lovely Wonder and Eddie . .then mmmmmm!

Joaquin Phoenix, Caleb Followhill,Patrick Swayze (circa Dirty Dancing, looking a bit rough now!) Devendra Banhart (when not dresses as a belly dancer) and the cute George Lamb from Radio 6 and BBLB.

3 comments: