Friday 15 May 2009

New featured fan the Gorgeous Kay . . . x

Introducing our new featured fan the gorgeous Kay and her picturesque blog "The Stitched" . .


NAME: Kay Gilbert
AGE:
17 LOCATION: Cambridge, UK
OCCUPATION:
Sixth form student
MYSPACE:
Abandoned it years ago
BLOG:
http://www.thestitched.blogspot.com
LOOKBOOK NU PROFILE:
http://lookbook.nu/kayg

Q –
Hi Kay how are you today?
A-
I'm good thank you, tired though - looking forward to the weekend.

Q – You have a vibrant blog, with fresh, fun feel, who takes your photos ?
A -
Thank you (: My boyfriend takes them. He had taken maybe only one photograph in his life before he started helping me with the blog - I really really appreciate him doing it for me because it's hardly his favourite thing to do.

Q- Give us the first line from your favourite book and title / author.
A-
"The studio was filled with the rich odour of roses, and when the light summer wind stirred amidst the trees of the garden, there came through the open door the heavy scent of the lilac, or the more delicate perfume of the pink flowering thorn" - The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.


Q-
What is your favourite cocktail, and how many can your drink!?

A-
There was a delicious red one I had at a party once, but I can't remember what it was called. One of my boyfriend's friends created a Malibu-heavy cocktail called a 'Blayney Breeze' that was amazing. To be honest I am such a lightweight I could probably manage about two and then I'd be gone. And Blue Lagoons are actually rank.


Q- What is your nickname?
A- Kay is actually a nickname. My real name is Kathryn but I wanted to retain a bit of anonymity I guess. Most people call me Gilly or Kay. There are exceptions e.g. Holacha (I can't explain that one either) and Kathy (which only three people are allowed to use - I slightly hate it).

Q
-Where is your favourite boutique, and what is it called?

A-
To be honest I don't have a favourite boutique so I'm going to say my favourite shop instead - Beyond Retro in London.


Q-
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

A-
Either on the Northumberland or Devon coast. Life there is just so much calmer, away from all the administrative and financial obsession that comes hand in hand with city life. More fresh air as well (obviously).


Q-
Who is your style icon and why?

A-
I'm going to be boring and say Kate Moss, but for a less traditional reason. I don't always like what she wears or her outfits but I like the way she chooses clothes simply because she likes the story behind them or the item itself in the own right. She is a woman refreshingly lacking in the wardrobe staples for wardrobe staples' sake department. Generally I try to avoid actually dressing like anyone else though.



Q –
Give us a fashion tip . . .

A -
I'm totally the wrong person to ask for this... err. I always replace belts/waist ties which comes with dresses etc for my own. I find it looks less mass produced and cheap, but that's just my opinion.


Q –
What song makes you get up and DANCE!!?

A-
Anything by Britney Spears or Michael Jackson. A certain friend and I get embarrassing after a little too much wine/general excitement. We are that lame.







Q –
Send us a picture from your day –


A- The joys of creating synopses for Wilfred Owen revision. I really really dislike war poetry.

Q –
What would you like to ask Stolen Thunder?

Where did the name Stolen Thunder come from?
A -Stolen Thunder "The need to break free and steal back our thunder" (que 80's rock music! . . .)

1 comment: